The Stylehaus website and its webpages (the “Site”) are operated by Stylehaus, whose Trading Office is at 36 Cheshire Gardens, Aylestone, Leicester, LE2 8HD. Stylehaus is a registered Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, details of ESD notification to the regulator for data protection, may be found in the Information Commissioner’s Office Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.gov.uk.
Stylehaus and its partners are jointly referred to in this Policy as “We”, “Us” or “Our”. A list of Stylehaus companies and partners can be obtained by contacting the email at the bottom of this page.
For the purposes of this Policy, You as contracting party and possible (other) user/end-user are jointly referred to in this Policy as “You” or “Your”.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by us on this Site and/or by using this Site generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you and how we will use your personal data.
Your use of the Site is also governed by ESD online Terms and Conditions. Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions in addition to this Policy.
1. Use of Personal information
When You register and/or use this Site:
- You may be asked to provide certain information such as Your contact details and bank account details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise.
We may use information that You provide to Us or that is obtained by us:
- to register You with our Site and to manage any account You hold with us;
- to administer our Site services;
- to give to companies and organisations whose products You purchase through the Site;
- to fulfill our agreement with You and to process Your purchases and obtain payment;
- to analyse and profile Your purchasing preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to:
- to provide You with a personalised browsing experience when using the Site; and
- to review, develop and improve the products and services which We offer and to enable Us to provide and other customers with relevant information through Our marketing programme(s);
- to make decisions about You using computerised or automated technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which We think will interest You or from the information We have;
- to keep You informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies within the ESD and our partners) including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on which We consider may be of interest to You by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including automated calls);
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging;
- Or otherwise.
For details on how to ask to be removed from Our mailing list(s), please refer to Sections 7-9 of this Policy.
We may store and process your information on Our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process Your information on Our behalf.
2. Crime Prevention
In order to protect Our customers and Us from fraud and theft, We may pass on information that We obtain from making identity checks and other information in Our customer records, including how You conduct your account, to other companies within the ESD and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing We may disclose any information and data relating to You to the police or any regulatory or government authority in response to any request including requests in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about You to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees and agents of ESD located within the EEA and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to You by ESD now or in the future;
- to agents who (on our behalf) profile Your data so that We may tailor the goods/services We offer to Your specific needs;
- to anyone to whom We transfer Our rights and duties under our agreement with You; and/or
- if We have a duty pursuant to the law to do so or if the law allows Us to do so.
We refer above to the fact that We may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about You. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, We may also share information about You and the conduct of Your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to Your browser, which may then store it on Your system. Cookies allow Us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of Our Site. Non- personal information such as browser type, operating system and domain names, may be collected during visitors’ use of the Site and this information may be used by Us to measure the number of visitors to the Site.
What types of Cookies do we use?
- First party cookies: We set these cookies and they can only be read by Us.
- Persistent cookies: We use persistent cookies that will be saved on Your computer for a fixed period (usually 1 year or longer). They won’t be deleted when the browser is closed. We use persistent cookies to recognise Your device for more than one browsing session.
- Session cookies: We use session cookies which are only stored temporarily during a browsing session and will be deleted from Your device when the browser is closed.
- Third party cookies: We use a number of third party suppliers who also set cookies on Our website in order to deliver the services that they are providing. These cookies are known as third party cookies.
Purpose Google Analytics _ga
We use Google Analytics cookies in order to evaluate your use of the websites and compile reports for us on activity on the websites.
can learn about Google Analytics cookies by visiting this site: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
The New Relic Cookie (JSESSIONID) used to store a session identifier so that New Relic can monitor session counts for an application. The cookie value is generated by Jetty.
If You wish, You can usually adjust your browser so that Your computer does not accept cookies:
- Go to the heading “Manage Cookies” and click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying You of them;
- From the list provided, click onto the programme which Your computer uses; if this is not shown on the list, click on the “help” heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on “cookies” − an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow the instructions
Alternatively, You can adjust your browser to tell You when a website tries to put a cookie on Your computer.
How You adjust Your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify You of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme Your computer uses. You can follow the appropriate instructions for Your specific browser type by clicking onto this link http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx? page=2 (please note that this link will open a new window and will lead to an
external website and that We are not responsible for the content of external websites).
How to disable Third Party Cookies
Users based in the European Union You can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to opt out of these third party cookies. The above website is not connected to the Site and We are not responsible for its content. We only keep cookies for the duration of Your visit to our Site, except in the case of cookies which remember You for future visits or where You save your login name as referred to above.
Your Consent to Cookies
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as Your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers. If You do choose to disable cookies, You may find that certain sections of Our website do not work properly.
5. IP Address
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Site is displayed in, and Your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever You log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by Our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to Our Site. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with Our server, and to administer our Site. We do not use Your IP address to identify You personally.
We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure once it has been transferred to our systems. However, the Internet is not a secure medium and We cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold Us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to know what personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request to the address below and payment of a fee of £10. You also have the right to have any information we hold about You corrected if it is incorrect- if
You are concerned that any of the information We hold on You may be incorrect, and You are unable to change it Yourself as described below, please contact Us at the address set out below.
Please be aware that Our Site may link to other websites that may be accessed through our Site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
8. How can I get my name removed from the ESD mailing list(s)?
If You want to be removed from Our mailing list(s), please send an email to the email provided on this site with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that You wish to be removed within the email. If You agree to us providing You with marketing information, You can always opt out at a later date
9. How do I change any details stored on the Site?
If for any reason You are unsure about the personal and account information We are holding in your name, please contact Us. We will happily review your file and update the records if required. You can call us on 0116 2165160 or email us at the address on this site.
10. Contact Us
11. Changes to Policy